Surface: Towpath is all dirt and small rocks
From North Meade Street Park, go through Rosslyn and cross Key Bridge. Take a sharp right after the bridge down to river side of C&O Canal. Turn right (go under Key Bridge) and run for miles!
The mile markers are conveniently situated to match up with the distance traveled from Rosslyn. In other words, mile marker 3 (near Fletcher’s Boathouse) is 3 miles running from Rosslyn. Note that the mile markers are not all perfectly accurate, so don’t count on splits, but general distance is close.
- 12 miles to Towpath Mile Marker 6 and back.
- 19 miles to Capital Beltway and back. (Towpath Mile Marker 9.5)
Water stops (water turned off in winter):
- Water and facilities at Fletcher’s Boathouse at Mile Marker 3
- Water at Towpath Mile Marker 5
- Water just before Towpath Mile Marker 9